If you could brush your teeth every day and get rid of allergies would you do it? Well, if I have your attention, read on…
In years past if you suffered from allergy symptoms you would simply be told you have three options:
1. Purchase over the counter medications and use daily to hopefully reduce your symptoms.
2. See an allergist and be offered immunotherapy through weekly injections. This would require going to a health care provider’s office on a weekly basis. Therapy takes 3-5 years.
3. Purchase sublingual therapy and place two drops under the tongue without swallowing for 2 minutes every day again for 3-5 years. (great for adults, but you ever try to make a 5 year old not swallow for 2 minutes?)
Now, there is a new method that I have been SO excited to launch in partnership with Lakeland Pharmacy. It is called oral immunotherapy. We test you for respiratory allergens such as dust mites, rag weed, cat and dog dander, etc., and then compound a toothpaste that has those specific allergens in it. You then brush your teeth daily for 2 minutes with the toothpaste and after 3-5 years you develop immunity to those allergens! Typically patients experience relief of allergy symptoms within a 3-9 month period of toothpaste use. However, in order to build up lifelong immunity it is best to continue brushing your teeth for 3-5 years.
Check out a video on the toothpaste(NOTE that the price in the video is NOT our price):
Are you ready to start brushing away your respiratory allergies?
Then here is what you need to do:
- Schedule a consultation with one of our health care providers by calling the office at 417-332-3639, or scheduling an Evisit(video chat) by clicking here.
- We will then set up allergy testing by a simple blood draw either at our office or the nearest Quest Lab near you.
- Once the results are in, we can compound(through Lakeland Pharmacy) up to 10 allergens into one toothpaste for you for a price of $180 per 3 Month Supply.
- You then brush your teeth daily for 2 minutes. (We do recommend doing the first dosage with a health care provider present)
Typically side effects are mild and include: tingling, itching, or mild swelling in the lining of the mouth and all typically resolve after the first 2 weeks of therapy.
Don’t live in the Branson area? This doesn’t mean we cannot assist you in getting started with immunotherapy. Feel free to schedule an Evisit to discuss how we can do as much treatment/testing for you right where you live.
Is this just for adults? Absolutely not! It is for ages 5 and up.
Finally, I know it may seem costly to pay $60 per month for allergy therapy. However, The average price of Flonase is $19 per month, Zyrtec is $18/month, and Benadryl is $5/month. If you are having to use these daily to cover up the problem instead of fixing it you are already spending an average of $42 per month.
We are so excited to start using this new and innovative method to treat your allergies. Please contact our office today for an appointment! Visit our website to get to know us even better and feel free to connect directly with one of our staff to ask further questions/information by clicking here.
As always, I hope you stay happy and healthy,
Carolyn Clark, NP-C